Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dolphin Assisted Therapy

Last winter in San Carlos I was able to work with Collego Americano as a mentor in English with the Quest Program and helped out with Castaway Kids. I love helping people.

When we visited Puerto Vallarta March 2007 I had worked with Macy Jozsef at Dolphin Adventures doing art with clients after their last session of dolphin assisted therapy. Art is a great medium to re-inforce the experience of being with the dolphins, it internalizes it while at the same time externalizing it and creating something that can hold the memory for years to come. Since I have moved to San Carlos I would very much like to do this kind of work with Delphinario. I have a Masters in Transpersonal Counseling with a concentration in Art Therapy. What I do not have is a Lucritiva ademdum on my FM3. For this, I need a sponser/employer. I am writing this to ask if it is possible for Delphinario to hire me (even if it is on an on-call basis) to work with Dolphin Assisted Therapy clients. I had written a few weeks ago, stating that I would work with North Americans (Native English speakers) because my command of the Spanish language is not fluent (and I don't want to take a job away from a Mexican). Art can bridge some of that gap and I plan to join Spanish conversation groups tis year so I want to let you know I am willing to work with all people. I have some knowledge of French (I was fluent inthe 80's) and American Sign Language for the Deaf. I look forward to hearing from you.Thanks for your timeJackie Van Den Bovenkamp

No comments: